Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm working on an update

In the meantime enjoy a poem Joe wrote last year. It helps explain how we named our business Finally Understand Now aka: F.U.N.

F.U.N.

For most of my years life was a challenge, to say the least

It seemed as though it was on my back, like a great big ugly beast

Worrying if I had done good enough, would I make the grade

Agonizing about what was ahead, is the only time the past would fade

If I made a mistake, I pulled out that emotional bat

Then let everyone else punish me, I became a doormat

The future must be perfect, no mistakes can there be

More worry, more turmoil, high expectations I placed on me

Stoneface they called me, if I smiled I would crack

Worry, tension, anger, and sadness, a four stage attack

Then something happened to change my thinking, I started to console

Something made me realize, that I wasn’t in control

There are only two words to think about, they simplify life so well

They are Me, and Now, upon nothing else I need dwell

So when thoughts of controlling others, past or future come, I try to not allow

Because I feel the peace, and freedom, I Finally Understand Now.


©Joe Marchetti 2008

No comments: