Monday, May 25, 2009

Reality Check

If I live in the now, and don't judge good or bad, I can just accept life as it comes. It is when I choose to take the now reality and write a fictional story around it, that I now have an imagined reality, hence good and bad becomes part of the story. This imagined reality is just as real as if it were happening now, because IT IS............ in my mind. Having the awareness of this doesn't mean I am always able to just think it different, but it does mean I know when I am doing it. This awareness allows me to get out of the movie directors role more often, more easily, or at least know that I am doing it to myself, by choice. The more I am aware that I am choosing, I choose not to.
What's in your reality?
Joe

2 comments:

John Willmott said...

I recently wrote an article that I believe is on this theme

Called "Following The Animals" and its about Presence, the Present.

http://www.celticways.com/blog/2009/05/following-animals.html

Joe said...

Hi John, I agree that the animals are wonderful teachers to remind us to live in the now. They are an instant meditation for us to remove ourselves from the human DOINGS we must perform on this physical plane. This allows us to become human BEINGS. If only for short periods of time, throughout our daily tasks it is comforting to know that we have the animals to mentor this release from the past and the future. As it is said "Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift and that is why it is called the present. Thank you for the reminder.
Joe
joe@finallyunderstandnow.com